The nationally renowned CJPAC Fellowship Program is Canada’s premier political training program.
Each year, the Fellowship Program trains 45 of the top pro-Israel, politically-engaged university students from across Canada to become the next generation of political leaders. It provides the opportunity for Fellows to enhance their understanding of all levels of government in Canada, build their networks and develop skills which will help them in their post-graduate careers.
The program includes an exclusive national political conference in Ottawa where Fellows meet with Members of Parliament, senior political strategists and receive advanced campaign training.*
CJPAC welcomes applicants from Jewish and non-Jewish communities, all political parties and every region of Canada.
All Fellows must be pro-Israel and demonstrate a strong interest and some experience in Canadian politics.
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at government, political strategy and communications at seminars led by industry experts
- Participate in election campaign training from key members of different political parties
- Meet with elected officials and other high-profile guest speakers throughout the year to learn about their political experiences
- Network with pro-Israel students from campuses across Canada
- Learn how to run successful political engagement events on campus
- Attend exclusive political events on and off campus
Over one-third of our alumni have gone on to work in political offices across levels of government. Click here to see what they have to say about the program.
*The conference will take place from Wednesday, November 20 to Sunday, November 24, 2019. Attendance for all five days is required as part of the program; no exceptions.
There are no costs or fees associated with participating in the year-long Fellowship program; however, upon acceptance into the program each participant must pay a $150.00 deposit. The deposit will be fully refunded upon participation in all five days of the November conference or can be donated to CJPAC.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following criteria
- Enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate program at a Canadian post-secondary institution for both semesters of the 2019-2020 academic year;
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident; unfortunately we cannot accept exchange students;
- Available to attend all 5 days of the national conference in Ottawa, no exceptions;
- Applicants cannot be employed in a political position at the federal or provincial level (i.e. the parliamentary or constituency office of an MP/MPP/MLA/MNA, Minister’s office or Party office headquarters), for more than 4 hours per week; unpaid volunteers in these offices will be considered.
Applications are due on October 11, 2019. For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Please note, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.