Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, the Director of Campus Programming will plan and execute all university and college campus programming and work with our student cohort of activists.
She/he will be expected to oversee CJPAC’s Fellowship Program and campus initiatives. Success and accountability will be based on agreed-upon metrics. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
CJPAC Fellowship Program
- Develop a recruitment campaign for the Fellowship program, interviewing and selecting the best students
- Create, plan and execute all aspects of a five-day conference in Ottawa for 50 students with over 30 speakers
- Create, plan and execute the year-long program including bi-weekly conference calls with speakers and a mentorship program for Senior Fellows
- Supervise Fellows on multiple campuses to assist with their planning of events on their campuses
- Build and maintain relationships with current Fellows and Fellowship Alumni from coast-to-coast
- Serve as a concierge and mentor for Fellows – developing a personalized follow-up plan for each participant to deepen their connection to politics, engaging them in continued activities in all levels of Canadian politics and Jewish community life
- Foster relationships with university organizations and campus political clubs to further opportunities for collaboration that is related to political engagement
- Work with partner organizations on campus to promote and support political engagement; create and deliver programming about political engagement throughout the year on campuses from coast-to-coast
- Engage university and college students in overall CJPAC programming and as election volunteers
- Mentor university students through on and off campus political engagement
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excitement for a diversity of perspectives that allows different voices to be respected
- A passion for working with emerging adults and investing in their growth as pro-Israel political leaders
- Solid understanding of the Canadian political landscape and partisan politics in Canada, election campaigns and our democratic process
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively within Canada
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to effectively and professionally connect with students, and to develop one-on-one relationships with students participating in the Fellowship
- Strong presence, strategic judgement and common sense necessary for effective leadership; high ethical standards
- Capacity to juggle multiple priorities and events simultaneously; following through on projects and events with an ability to multi-task, attend to detail, manage projects with many moving parts, set timetables and adhere to deadlines
- Innovative and critical thinking skills; ability to solve problems creatively
- Comfortable presenting in front of groups, outgoing and personable
- Bachelor’s degree; minimum five years of work experience. Political experience both on and off campus is essential
- Understanding of the Jewish and pro-Israel community landscape in Canada
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- A team player: collaborative with colleagues but comfortable with independence
- Experience with or ability to learn to use CRM software, especially NationBuilder, social media and Microsoft Office
CJPAC is a national, independent, not-for-profit multi-partisan organization. For over 14 years, CJPAC has worked to engage Jewish and pro-Israel Canadians in the democratic process and to foster active political participation. CJPAC’s unique programs and events inspire Canadians with various levels of political experience – whether new, curious or already engaged – to become more active in the democratic process.
CJPAC is a high-energy and entrepreneurial environment where new ideas are welcome. For the right individual, this is an exceptional opportunity to inspire community members to build relationships within the Canadian political arena and to work with incredible leaders in the Jewish community and the political sector from coast-to-coast.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 3rd. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.