The Canadian Jewish Political Affairs Committee (CJPAC) is seeking a talented Marketing & Communications professional to join its National office in Toronto.
This is an excellent opportunity for a creative person with a keen interest in the Canadian political process, who is experienced in writing, content planning and marketing.
The Position and Responsibilities:
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and will help grow and implement CJPAC’s strategic plan to promote its brand and flagship programs to target audiences and stakeholders.
The Coordinator is directly responsible for:
- Maintaining an active, brand-centric digital presence on CJPAC’s social media channels
- Creating strategic content plans for target audiences using key messages
- Writing digital and print content, including promotional materials for events and programs; skills in copywriting and Canva are required; executing in partnership with the Digital Design Coordinator
- Managing CEM software including MailChimp; this includes formatting and sending organizational emails
- Creating content for CJPAC’s bilingual WordPress website and coordinating with the Digital Marketing Coordinator, who manages the website
- Reporting on social media, email and website analytics (through Google Analytics) as required
- Taking a central role in marketing and communications initiatives, collaborating with other departments to successfully execute deliverables
The Co-ordinator will work actively with the following programs:
Education, Experience and Other Skills
CJPAC is seeking a candidate with a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant work experience. A post-secondary degree is required. Formal training in copywriting, marketing and/or communications will be an asset.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a personal commitment and passion for CJPAC’s vision and mandate – to engage Canada’s Jewish and pro-Israel community in our democracy. They will work beyond standard hours at times and show initiative, creativity, high energy and the ability to work under tight deadlines. They will be a team player and work collaboratively with others, and will exhibit a strong sense of professionalism, integrity and discretion.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Applications should be sent to HR@cjpac.ca by October 25, 2019 and should include a cover letter, resume and samples of any relevant work. They will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.