We are seeking a highly organized, proactive and efficient Executive Assistant who will manage the executive support of our Executive Director as well as serving as a connector for the overall team. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a balance among competing priorities. She or he knows how to ask the right questions to get important information and then communicates it to the right people at the right time in the most effective and positive way.
Success in this role means keeping our leadership focused and ensuring the team meets deadlines and hits goals while maintaining high team morale. Our new hire will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and excel in bringing order to a busy and high energy office.
General office tasks
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar, appointments and expenses
- Administrative management of the Advisory Board: creating and organizing documents, tracking board members, committee members and others; adding the Executive Director’s contacts and engagements with donors and stakeholders into the system.
- Compiling and circulating weekly office update email; ensuring team is aware of any essential news.
- Managing Board-specific communication.
- Tracking team goals and Key Performance Indicators and ensuring team members are informed and aware.
- Coordinating onboarding for new board and staff members and updating staff handbook as required.
- Ensuring bookkeeper is kept informed of any changes in staff in a timely manner.
- Working cooperatively with our Office Manager to ensure administrative needs of the organization are covered.
- Other assistance to the Executive Director as needed
Meetings & events
- Administration and support of board retreats and donor events including booking space, working with vendors, creating lists and tracking RSVPs.
- Compilation of binders or handouts for board and committee meetings.
- Taking minutes at board meetings and committee meetings as required and tracking action items; following up on action items after meetings.
- Planning & executing annual staff retreat.
- Organizing staff and senior staff meetings; creating agendas, taking minutes and tracking action items; following up on action items after meetings.
- Booking travel and accommodations for board meetings/staff retreats.
- Managing travel for Executive Director and board members when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organization and time management skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skill and a positive, can-do attitude.
- A strong sense of discretion and judgement; maturity and experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Experience with CRM software and Microsoft Teams an asset
- Ability to work with a team in a small office environment and a talent for motivating others.
- At least 3-5 years work experience in an administrative role.
- Passion for Israel and the Jewish community and some knowledge of the Canadian political system.
CJPAC is a national, independent, not-for-profit multi-partisan organization. For over thirteen years, CJPAC has worked to engage Jewish and pro-Israel Canadians in the democratic process and to foster active political participation. CJPAC’s unique programs and events inspire Canadians with all levels of political experience – whether new, curious or already engaged – to become more active in the democratic process.
To apply, forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Jan. 25, 2019.