CJPAC is hiring Volunteer Coordinators to join our Election Team!
Volunteer Coordinators will work full-time from July through October in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg or Vancouver. They will lead key volunteer recruitment initiatives and be responsible for connecting Canadians from coast to coast with the campaigns of their choice from all major parties.
So what are we looking for?
- A passion for Canadian politics
- Strong hustle and desire to help Canadians make a difference
- Eagerness to give back to the Jewish and pro-Israel community
The perks of joining Team CJPAC:
- You’ll be on the inside, playing an important behind the scenes role in the federal election
- CJPAC will be genuinely invested in your growth
- You’ll learn fundamental skills that will set you up for a career in politics
- West Wing Wednesdays. Enough said.
Hear from members of our 2015 Federal Election Team; we guarantee their success stories will inspire.
Responsibilities, deadlines and application:
The Volunteer Coordinators (4) will be based in Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg and Vancouver. This is a temporary, full time position for the months of July, August, September, and October, 2019. The anticipated start date is July 2nd . CJPAC’s activities during the federal election will include recruiting volunteers and connecting volunteers with the campaign of their choice, and the primary objective of the Volunteer Coordinator is to be the connection between volunteers and campaign offices across the country. The Volunteer Coordinators report to the National Director of Outreach and Programming.
- Help recruit volunteers through community events and initiatives
- Reach out to those who have signed up to volunteer in the 2019 federal election
- Reconnect with volunteers from past elections
- Connect volunteers with campaigns of their choice
- Keep accurate and up to date records
- Coordinate volunteer blitz days
- Help train volunteers/run volunteer clinics
- Other tasks as required for the 2019 election
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience with recruitment and community outreach
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be multi-partisan (This role requires the candidate to embrace the idea of multi-partisanship and be able to work with people of all political affiliations.)
- Experience with public speaking
- Creative problem solving skills
- Political campaign volunteer experience necessary
To apply for a Volunteer Coordinator position please send a cover letter and CV with the subject line “Election Volunteer Coordinator” and the job location to email@example.com by May 10, 2019. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.