The federal election is just around the corner and CJPAC (the Canadian Jewish Political Affairs Committee) is hiring Volunteer Coordinators to join our Election Team! We are looking for applicants who share our enthusiasm and passion for Canadian politics and want to make a difference in 2019. CJPAC is a multi-partisan organization, which means that all party affiliations are welcome. Join our team and you’ll have the opportunity to help our community have a real impact in the democratic process.
The Volunteer Coordinators (4) will be based in Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg and Vancouver. This is a temporary, full time position for the months of July, August, September, and October 2019. The anticipated start date is July 2nd . CJPAC’s activities during the federal election will include recruiting volunteers and connecting volunteers with the campaign of their choice, and the primary objective of the Volunteer Coordinator is to be the connection between volunteers and campaign offices across the country. The Volunteer Coordinators report to the National Director of Outreach and Programming.
- Help recruit volunteers through community events and initiatives
- Reach out to those who have signed up to volunteer in the 2019 federal election
- Reconnect with volunteers from past elections
- Connect volunteers with campaigns of their choice
- Keep accurate and up to date records
- Coordinate volunteer blitz days
- Help train volunteers/run volunteer clinics
- Other tasks as required for the 2019 election
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience with recruitment and community outreach
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be multi-partisan (This role requires the candidate to embrace the idea of multi-partisanship and be able to work with people of all political affiliations.)
- Experience with public speaking
- Creative problem solving skills
- Political campaign volunteer experience necessary
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and CV with the subject line “Election Volunteer Coordinator” and the job location to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2019. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are due by 4:oo PM EST on Friday, May 10, 2019.