The CJPAC Fellowship is an intensive, year-long program that provides politically interested and politically active university students with the tools to engage further in our democracy.
The Fellowship program* trains 46 of the top pro-Israel, politically-engaged university students to become the next generation of political leaders. It also provides the opportunity for Fellows to enhance their understanding of all levels of government in Canada, build a network and develop skills which will help you in your post-graduate career.
The program includes an exclusive national political conference in Ottawa where Fellows meet with Members of Parliament, senior political strategists and receive advanced campaign training.**
CJPAC welcomes applicants from Jewish and non-Jewish communities, all political parties and every region of Canada.
All Fellows must be pro-Israel and demonstrate a strong interest and some experience in Canadian politics.
- Attend seminars led by experts on government, political strategy and communications;
- Participate in election campaign training from key members of different political parties;
- Meet with elected officials and other high-profile guest speakers throughout the year to learn about their political experience;
- Network with pro-Israel students from campuses across Canada;
- Learn how to run successful political engagement events on campus;
- Attend exclusive political events on and off campus.
*There are no costs or fees associated with participating in the year-long Fellowship program; however, upon acceptance into the program each participant must pay a $150.00 deposit. The deposit will be fully refunded upon participation in all five days of the November conference or can be donated to CJPAC.
**The conference will take place this year from Wednesday, November 21 to Sunday November 25, 2018. Attendance for all five days is required as part of the program; no exceptions.
Fellowship applications are due on October 5th, 2018. Please note, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate program at a Canadian post-secondary institution for both semesters of the 2018-2019 academic year;
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident; unfortunately we cannot accept exchange students;
- Available to attend all 5 days of the national conference in Ottawa, no exceptions;
- Applicants cannot be employed in a political position at the federal or provincial level (i.e. the parliamentary or constituency office of an MP/MPP/MLA/MNA, Minister’s office or Party office headquarters), for more than 4 hours per week; unpaid volunteers in these offices will be considered.
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.
“Without CJPAC programming, and above all, the CJPAC team, I could never have achieved as much as I have today. In two years, CJPAC has taken me from a politically minded student on campus to a leader, a thinker, consensus builder, and above all, an individual loyal to my ethics, beliefs, and to the individuals united under the CJPAC tent, many of whom I now have the privilege of calling family.”
~ Miled Hill, CJPAC Fellow 2014-2015, Co-Chair of the 2015-2016 Fellowship Program
“This opportunity changes lives, hearts and minds… I can’t imagine a better group of future leaders, a better atmosphere to learn in or better speakers.”
~ Juliana van Gaalen, CJPAC Fellow 2017-2018, Senior Fellow 2018-2019
“For those who don’t know, the CJPAC Fellowship is an opportunity to join a community of like-minded, pro-Israel students, learn how to be politically engaged and in many cases, it’s a first step toward a career in politics… This is a badge we will wear with pride and respect for the rest of our lives. The skills, network and community that we have gained throughout this experience will prove invaluable going forward in our careers.”
~ John Otis Moore & Justin Shapiro, CJPAC Fellows 2016-2017, Co-Chairs of the 2017-2018 Fellowship Program
Applications are now closed for the 2018-2019 school year. Thank you for your interest!