CJPAC is a national, independent, multi-partisan organization. Our mandate is to engage Jewish and pro-Israel Canadians in the democratic process and to foster active political participation. We are dedicated to helping community members build relationships within the Canadian political arena.
Overview of the Position:
CJPAC seeks an experienced individual to lead its development team. In a dynamic environment, the Director of Development will oversee all fundraising efforts for the organization. They will set the fundraising strategy and work with all regions to ensure targets are met. They will also actively work to solicit and cultivate major gift donors and be an active part of the senior management team reporting directly to the Executive Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing all fundraising operations for CJPAC.
- Devising and executing strategies for securing all gift renewals, growing the donor base and increasing revenue, including from corporate sponsorships.
- Canvassing donors and prospective donors.
- Coaching and advising lay leaders with respect to their fundraising efforts.
- Coaching and advising Regional Directors with respect to their fundraising efforts.
- Overseeing all donor/sponsor-related events, including a Major Gifts Dinner.
- Building strong relationships with current donors and prospective donors using Moves Management
- Facilitating multi-partisan political engagement.
- University degree, post-graduate or professional degree preferred.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the not-for-profit sector, or relevant experience in private sector, ideally with some exposure to political affairs
- A demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience.
- Well versed in Moves Management.
- A passionate self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent communicator – able to influence, persuade and motivate.
- Collaborative, collegial, works well with a team.
- Determined, dedicated, tenacious, resilient.
- A person of strong ethical values and integrity committed to an environment of honesty.
- A strong, independent leader who can work with diverse groups of people; can build consensus without being political.
- A person who commands respect and has “instant credibility” internally and externally.
- A person motivated by a desire for success for themselves, the organization, the community, the employees, and all of the various stakeholders.
- Someone who understands the importance of listening and seeking counsel from others but is not afraid to make final decisions; will make the “right decision” quickly when necessary.
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- A thoughtful, well-organized, efficient manager.
How to apply:
Applications should be sent to HR@cjpac.ca. Please forward a cover letter and current resume for consideration by May 17, 2021. They will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.