The Canadian Jewish Political Affairs Committee (CJPAC) is seeking an experienced and professional Office Administrator to join its national office in Toronto.
The Office Administrator is responsible for supporting operations including outreach, events, fundraising and finance. The Office Administrator reports to the Deputy Executive Director.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining an orderly office environment & managing the flow of guests and guest hospitality
- Coordinating organizational calendar
- Responding to phone/email inquiries
- Ordering of office supplies; arranging catering and event space as needed
- Act as liaison for IT and equipment vendors and ensure these items are working properly and maintained
- Tracking and communicating with office volunteers
- Keep list of volunteers for office-related tasks; ensure those volunteers are engaged
- Updating NationBuilder and maintaining accurate and up-to-date lists of constituents, politicians, program participants etc.
- Mailing and organizing cheques and invoices; making bank deposits as needed
- Administration and support of events such as booking space, dealing with vendors, creating lists and tracking RSVPs; tracking speaker invitations and speaker gifts
- Compilation of binders or handouts for events and meetings
- Managing applications, including collecting forms and scheduling interviews for various programs
- Booking travel and accommodations as needed for conferences and meetings
- Coordinating mailings and creating accurate mail merges, labels, name tags and other items as needed
- Creating slideshows
- Processing subscribes & unsubscribes in NationBuilder
Experience & Skills:
- At least 5 years of experience in an administrative role
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Capacity to quickly learn to use new software and technology
- Experience with CRMs, especially NationBuilder, an asset
- Some knowledge of and experience with the Jewish community and/or Canadian politics
- Extremely organized with a calm and can-do demeanor
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Maturity, integrity and discretion
- Accuracy & strong attention to detail; takes pride in excellent work product
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects with competing deadlines
Some evening and weekend work required.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.