Political Outreach & Programming Coordinator:
The CJPAC Political Outreach & Programming Coordinator plays a critical role in implementing programming and reaching out to the Jewish, pro-Israel and political communities as an ambassador for CJPAC. She or he will be responsible for introducing community members to and engaging them in politics. Reporting to the National Director of Outreach & Programming and working with all departments and regions from our national office in Toronto, the Political Outreach & Programming Coordinator will run events and programs as well as quarterback our most important relationship-building strategy. She or he will recruit new participants for CJPAC’s programming, nurture existing relationships and play a key role in our election engagement strategies.
The ideal candidate will bring enthusiasm and diligence to this role. She/he will have deep knowledge of the Jewish community and of the Canadian political system. This individual must be able to juggle multiple urgent priorities in a fast-paced and demanding environment, while ensuring that long term priorities are not lost.
CJPAC is a national, independent, not-for-profit multi-partisan organization. For almost fifteen years, CJPAC has worked to engage Jewish and pro-Israel Canadians in the democratic process and to foster active political participation. CJPAC’s unique programs and events inspire Canadians with all levels of political experience – whether new, curious, or already engaged – to become more active in the democratic process.
- Working with the National Director of Outreach & Programming to recruit and train political volunteers
- Tabling and presentations at community events to recruit new volunteers and program participants
- Taking a lead role on specific outreach initiatives. This may include CJPAC’s Summer Camp Tour, and working with young professionals
- Assisting the National Director of Outreach & Programming on outreach initiatives like CJPAC Generation: Student Leaders Program
- Consistently managing and tracking engagement of program participants, stakeholders and prospects
- Other duties as assigned
- Building relationships and acting as a liaison between elected officials of all parties and community members
- Organizing meetings and events
- Ensuring meaningful touchpoints exist for community members and the political sector
- Researching and maintaining information on elections
- Coordination of an annual one-day conference in Ottawa
- Helping to implement strategies to engage community members in Canada’s democracy
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess:
- Understanding of the Canadian political landscape and partisan politics in Canada and of the Jewish and pro-Israel community landscape in Canada
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Superior organizational skills and a strong sense of responsibility
- Creativity and problem-solving ability
- Strong public speaking and writing skills
- Excellent judgment, common sense and discretion
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Post-secondary certification; minimum two years of relevant full-time work experience including politics, non-profit or Jewish community roles
- Demonstrable interest and commitment to the specific vision and mission of CJPAC, including multipartisanship
- Experience with NationBuilder, social media and presentation software will be considered assets
- Bilingualism will be considered an asset
Compensation will be commensurate with experience – in the range of $42,000-52,000
CJPAC is a high-energy and entrepreneurial environment where new ideas are welcome. For the right individual, this is an exceptional opportunity to engage community members in the Canadian political arena and to work with incredible leaders in the Jewish community and the political sector from coast-to-coast. If this sounds like you, please forward a cover letter and current resume for consideration to email@example.com by August 14, 2020.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.